Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mumford & Sons - "I Will Wait"

I challenge you to find someone who doesn't like Mumford & Sons. Eh, that's a bold claim, but it's true with the exception of hardcore rap fans or metal fans. I really can't imagine anyone else not liking at least one Mumford song. Personally, I thought that their entire first album, Sigh No More, was perfect from beginning to end. They have such a great sound - and Marcus's voice is one of the prettiest I may have ever heard.

Plus, they're just so precious.

Their new album, Babel, will be released on September 24th. I found a leaked copy online yesterday - thank you internet. It's exactly what I expected it to sound like - poetic lyrics, pretty slow parts, awesome jam sessions, good through and through. It will probably end up being one of the main highlights of my Fall soundtrack - which is somehow very fitting. It's good Autumn music.

Have you heard their new song? If you haven't, hop to it.

The video was filmed at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado, Mumford's favorite show from their last tour.

I really liked it - and how cute was the video? I love watching a really good crowd - it makes everything more fun. I'm glad that their new song is a faster one. Don't get me wrong, I love their slow stuff (um, hi, "White Blank Page" made me tear up when I heard it live), but I've been so pumped about their new album that something slow would almost be a bummer! 

Guess who else was at Bonnaroo 2011? Yep, I saw Mumford & Sons there. I remember watching the sun starting to set during "The Cave" and thinking about how perfect it was. 

From about 2:20 to the end is why I love Mumford & Sons.

I'm going to go ahead and put my money down on the table and bet that they will be at Bonnaroo 2013. They were there in 2010 and 2011, but this time they have a new album that they'll be touring to promote, they are perfect for the hippies and hipsters of Bonnaroo, and this time they'd be on the main stage. I hope I'm right. If I am, I'd recommend popping your Bonnaroo cherry.

PS: I found someone talking about a song in the comments under the "I Will Wait" video called "Fear Walks With You" by a band called Young Believers. I'd never heard of them before, and they're nothing at all like Mumford & Sons, but give it a listen. I'm glad I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment