Friday, September 21, 2012

Too much of a good thing

When I first heard "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye, I really liked it - just like everyone else. However, that song has been out for over a year. The music video has over 320 million views. I think we've all heard it as much as we want to. Unfortunately, when I'm at work, I'm subjected to listening to Q99 on the radio non-stop. It's the weirdest radio station. They play different kinds of music, both good and bad, but they play the SAME songs every day. I kid you not - I hear that damn Gotye song probably 5 times every day on that station. Come on. Enough is enough.

Having said that, I do sometimes forget that I once liked that song a lot. I mean, it is good and the music video is pretty cool as well.  Now, I'd really just rather not hear it at all. Just about the only time I'll willingly listen to it is when I find another parody on YouTube. Even though some of the parodies are good, I'm even getting tired of those. But hey, if you've never seen any of them, give it a shot. As you're about to find out, there are plenty.

"Some Music That I Used To Love" - the best one.

"The Obama That I Used To Know"

"The Star Wars That I Used To Know", my personal favorite.


"Some Study That I Used To Know"

"Somebody Who Used To Be My Bro"


Gotye Dog Parody. When is enough enough?!


A muppet version - good grief.


If you somehow haven't had enough, there's plenty more on YouTube. Trust me. And as you can imagine, there are some pretty good Gotye memes out there as well:

Clever.


Ha!


LOVE IT.




My favorite.







Well, that was fun while it lasted. We've had our fill with the song, the parodies and endless memes. Now it's time to say our goodbyes to Gotye. Oh, and one more thing...



No comments:

Post a Comment